Water is by far the most abundant substance in our body (over 65%!). To put it simple: without water, one would not survive long. Long live water! But why is water good? Read on!
Importance of water?
– water cleans your body from toxins (things that make you sick)
– almost every process in your body requires water: energy production, muscle building, fat burning.. A lack of water would cause a pause in these processes.
– water can serve as a coolant: it can bring the body temperature down when it’s too hot.
– cold water increases your metabolism
– water controls your appetite.
Knowing how much your daily calorie intake is, is important when writing down your nutrition guide. A good way to calculate this, is via the Harris-Benedict method. Via your age, weight, length and daily activity, it will define your BMR (basal metabolic rate).
Back to Nutrition
No comments have been posted yet. Would you like to be the first?